Besides images, videos are always great to capture, involve, and bring back the audience to your website. Embedding videos are helpful as they can lead your page to rank better in Google search. Here are some methods on how to embed videos in WordPress and display you a few plugins that will help you with video embedding.
oEmbed is a process that permits embedding videos, pictures, text, etc. from one site to another just by entering the source URL. It’s the simplest way to embed videos in WordPress. For this process, it’s not necessary to know to code. For example, you want to embed a video on YouTube, so the steps of the oEmbed process are the following:
- Go to YouTube.
- Search the video that you want to embed.
- Move your mouse cursor to the URL bar and copy the video’s URL.
- Now visit your WordPress visual editor.
- Paste the copied URL and your WordPress will automatically embed the video.
The iframe is another process that permits you to personalize how your video will show up on your post page. The steps for the Iframe method are the following:
- Go to YouTube.
- Click the share option above the subscribe button.
- Click on the embed option.
- You will see the iframe code and some other options. The first option will allow you to embed a YouTube video that begins within a particular time. To change the time you are supposed to watch the video first and paused at the time that you want. You can also check the player controls such as play/pause, volume, and first forward button by visiting the second option box.
- Copy the Iframe code and go to the WordPress visual editor.
- Modify visual mode into the text mode and paste the embed code.
Use Sidebar to Embed Your Video
Sometimes, you choose to add our videos to our sidebar rather than including it in our post. Follow the steps below that will help you to embed a video in the WordPress sidebar:
- From your WordPress admin dashboard, go to Appearance -> Customize and click on the Widgets.
- You may have numerous sidebar areas where you want to add your videos. Select the sidebar, and click the Add a Widget button.
- Then, type ‘video’ in the search box.
- Next, you have the video widget on your left side. Click the Add Video button, and select Insert from URL.
- Then, copy and paste the video URL from YouTube in the box.
- After the video’s sample appears, click the Add to Widget button to validate it.
- If you want you can add the video’s title in the video widget on your left side.
- Last, click the Save & Publish button to go live.
Importance of Embedding Videos on Website
Embedding video on YouTube or other websites is very simple and proficient. You don’t need to spend any extra money to embed YouTube. On YouTube, you can stream several videos at a time free of cost. Embedding videos on the website plays a major role in achieving more traffic to your site and helps to improve SEO ranking. In case of video embedded on the website through a web server can make your website profound as it will take time to upload and there is a high chance of interruption. But the expert to it is that it makes your site look approaching due to HD quality video on the monitor. On YouTube, you have to adjust your video quality manually.